Cooking Time:6 hours on Low or 3 hours on High
Ingredients1 T.vegetable oil
2 onions, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp.dried oregano leaves
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cracked black peppercorns
1/2 c. chicken stock
1/2 c. tomato sauce
1 bay leaf
3 lbs. skinless bone-in chicken thighs (about 12 thighs)
1/2 c. peanut butter
2 T. sherry or freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tsp. curry powder
1/2 to 1 long red or green chile pepper, minced
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
Hot white rice
This recipe was shared by Stephanie U., and per her recipe, she says it is an unusual and delicious recipe that moves the delectable combination of hot peppers and peanuts into the main course. Works best in a larger (minimum 5 quart) slow cooker.
NOTE: Those with Peanut Allergies should not use this recipe!
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add onions and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, salt and peppercorns and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in chicken stock, tomato sauce and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
- Arrange chicken over bottom of slow cooker stoneware and cover with vegetable mixture above.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours or on High for 3 hours, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.
- In a bowl, combine peanut butter, sherry, curry powder and chile pepper. Add a little cooking liquid and stir to blend. Add to crock pot along with red pepper.
- Cover. Cook on High for 20 minutes, until pepper is tender and flavors have melded. Discard bay leaf. Serve over hot white rice.
Make ahead: This dish can be partially prepared before it is cooked. Complete Step 1. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. When you’re ready to cook, continue with the recipe.
Provided by Stephanie U., via facebook.com/