Cooking Time:2–3 hours on HIGH
Ingredients1 1/4 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar (Stevia or Splenda is ok but then leave salt out)
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 c. milk
1/3 c. melted butter
2 c. blueberries
1 c. chopped rhubarb
1/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
This recipe is not only for the 4th of July, although it is one of my favorite holidays. The family gathers to celebrate America’s independence and enjoy the day and (hopefully) the nice weather. The kids usually decorate their bikes and a wagon and participate in a neighborhood parade. The day is laid back and fun is had by all so there is no need to add stress by baking something complicated in the kitchen!
I’ve altered my mom’s delicious cobbler recipe for the slow cooker and made it a little more festive by adding rhubarb. I hope your family enjoys as much as mine does.
- Mix flour, 1/2 c. sugar (or sugar substitute), salt, and baking powder in a bowl. (NOTE: if you use a sugar substitute like Stevia or Splenda then omit salt)
- Stir in milk and melted butter.
- Grease your crock pot with butter or non-stick spray.
- Pour batter into crock pot and spread evenly.
- Scatter the blueberries and rhubarb all over the batter.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup sugar and vanilla.
- Crock on HIGH for 2–3 hours.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.