Cooking Time:6 hours on Low
IngredientsDay-old French Bread, cubed (about 5 c.)
3 large Granny Smith apples, peel and chopped
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1/4 tsp. salt
2 C. milk
1/4 c. Water
1/4 c. Pure Maple syrup
12 oz. Sausage, cooked and crumbled
Slow Cooker Breakfast Bread Pudding is a delicious way to use up that leftover french bread from dinner! This breakfast is good all year around – not just for the Holidays!
- Grease the inside of a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Press half of the bread cubes into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Combine the apples, cinnamon, allspice, brown sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Next add the milk, water, and maple syrup to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour half of the apple mixture over the bread in the slow cooker.
- Gently press down on the apples to ensure the liquid is absorbed by the bread.
- Spread half of the sausage over the apple mixture, followed by the remaining bread.
- Top the bread with the remaining sausage, followed by the remaining apple mixture.
- Again, gently press on the apple to ensure the liquid is absorbed by the bread.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
DEFINITELY gonna have to try this! Sounds delish!