Cooking Time:3-4 hours
Ingredients1/4 c. orange juice
2 tsp. orange zest
8 T. butter (1 stick), melted
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
4 lb. sweet potatoes, washed, peeled and cut into 1-inch piece
1 c. sweetened dried cranberries
Here is another festive side dish for the holidays and one that the kiddos along with the adults love; Slow Cooker Cranberry Sweet Potatoes!
- Mix all ingredients except potatoes.
- Cover. Cook on High while preparing potatoes.
- Stir sweet potatoes into warm mixture. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High 3-4 hours.
- Once potatoes are soft, stir to mashed consistency.
Optional: Replace potatoes with canned sweet potatoes (drained). Reduce cooking temperature to low.