Cooking Time:7 — 9 hours
Ingredients4 pork loin chops, at least 1-inch thick, trimmed
salt and black pepper to taste
12 — 16 oz. corn, whole kernel, drained
1/2 bell pepper, green, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, red or orange, chopped
1 c. Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
1/4 c. onion, chopped
1/2 c. rice, uncooked converted
8 oz. tomato sauce
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pork Chops is a recipe I make for guests! You can serve with baked potatoes and a side vegetable, which all can be made in the crock pot!
- Cut a pocket in the side of each pork chop, starting from edge nearest bone.
- Lightly season inside the pocket with salt and pepper.
- Mix corn, chopped bell pepper, bread crumbs, chopped onion and rice in bowl.
- Stuff the pork chops with vegetable-rice mixture. Place a toothpick over pocket slit, to keep stuffing from leaking out.
- Transfer any remaining rice mixture in slow cooker.
- Arrange pork chops over the rice mixture in the slow cooker.
- Place tomato sauce over the top of each chop, then pour remaining tomato sauce over all.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours or until done.
- Remove pork chops to a platter and serve with your choice of vegetables and the remaining vegetable-rice mixture.