Cooking Time:12-14 hours
Ingredients4 lbs pork butt
2 large onions, sliced
1 can of ginger ale (NOT diet)
1 bottle of BBQ sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray's)
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is definitely a make ahead recipe, but one you will make over and over again! This freezes well and this recipe makes a TON so feel free to half if needed. I always make this for large family gatherings! (so easy and you won’t be stuck in the kitchen all day!)
- Slice one of the onions and place in slow cooker.
- Place the pork roast over 1/2 of the sliced onions and cover with the other half.
- Pour the ginger ale all over.
- Cover & Crock on LOW for about 12 hours.
- Remove the meat. Save the onions but set aside all the liquid.
- Shred the meat, picking out and discarding any fat, bones or skin.
- Transfer the shredded pork and the onions back to the slow cooker and stir in BBQ sauce. ( use 1.5 – 2 cups)
- Add any of the liquid to your taste to make the meat more moist. – Just make to your preference!
- Crock on LOW for 2 more hours.Happy Crocking!