Cooking Time:7-8 hours on Low or 3-4 hours on High
Ingredients15 oz. tomatoes, crushed, canned
1 onion, medium, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 T. tomato paste
2 tsp. garam masala (Indian spice blend)
1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
1/2 tsp. black pepper, divided
1 1/2 lbs. chicken thighs, boneless, skinless (about 8)
1/2 cucumber, halved and thinly sliced (English)
1/4 c. cilantro, fresh leaves
1 T. lemon juice, fresh
1 c. basmati, or some other long-grain white rice
1/2 c. cream, heavy
You will love the flavor, flavor, flavor of Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala!
- Toss the cucumber, cilantro with the lemon juice and 1/4 tsp. each of salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, tomato paste, garam masala, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a 4 – 6-quart slow cooker.
- Put the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours, or until chicken is tender.
- Just before serving, stir the cream into the chicken tikka masala.
NOTE: Twenty minutes before serving, prepare the rice according to the package directions.
Serve over rice with the cucumber relish.