Cooking Time:7-8 hours on Low or 3-4 hours on High
Ingredients15 oz. tomatoes, crushed, canned
1 onion, medium, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 T. tomato paste
2 tsp. garam masala (Indian spice blend)
1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
1/2 tsp. black pepper, divided
1 1/2 lbs. chicken thighs, boneless, skinless (about 8)
1/2 cucumber, halved and thinly sliced (English)
1/4 c. cilantro, fresh leaves
1 T. lemon juice, fresh
1 c. basmati, or some other long-grain white rice
1/2 c. cream, heavy
You will love the flavor, flavor, flavor of Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala!
- Toss the cucumber, cilantro with the lemon juice and 1/4 tsp. each of salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, tomato paste, garam masala, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a 4 – 6-quart slow cooker.
- Put the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours, or until chicken is tender.
- Just before serving, stir the cream into the chicken tikka masala.
NOTE: Twenty minutes before serving, prepare the rice according to the package directions.
Serve over rice with the cucumber relish.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!