Cooking Time:4-6 hours
Ingredients4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1/2 c. flour
1 T. kosher salt or your preference
Pepper to taste
6 oz. lemonade, concentrate, thawed, (1/2 can)
3 T. brown sugar
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
3 T. ketchup
red pepper flakes to taste
2 T. olive oil or 1/2 c. Canola Oil if flash-frying
Slow Cooker Lemon Chinese Chicken is so good, and great served with fried rice or broccoli and rice!
- Combine flour and salt & pepper.
- Cut chicken into large strips or pieces and dip in flour mixture.
- Brown chicken in skillet with a little olive oil…just enough to brown, not to cook through – OR – for crisper chicken, follow flash-frying instructions below.
- Put the browned chicken in the slow cooker.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4-6 hours!
NOTE: To get a crisper chicken, you can flash-fry it by increasing the amount of oil and heating until almost boiling. Fry the chicken pieces for just 45 seconds, then set on a paper towel to drain before adding to the slow cooker. You can also use an insert like this one to prevent the bottom(on any recipe) from getting soggy.