Cooking Time:2 1/2 to 3 hours
Ingredients1 T. dark sesame oil
2 T. olive oil
1 3/4 c. rice, long-grain, uncooked
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 1/2 c. chicken broth (or vegetable broth for vegetarians)
1.3 oz. soup, mix hot and sour
8 oz. water chestnuts, canned, sliced, drained
16 oz. vegetables blend, with greeen peas and baby corn, frozen
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
6 scallions, chopped
soy sauce to taste
Slow Cooker Fried Rice can be used as a side dish with many meals, or as a main dish as well.
- Heat oils over medium-high heat in a skillet.
- Add garlic and rice, saute until brown, about 4–5 minutes. Will be a golden color!
- Combine rice mixture that was sauted, broth, and next 3 ingredients in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook for 2 hours on High or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Pour eggs over rice mixture.
- Cover. Cook on High for 45 more minutes or until egg is set.
- Stir in scallions, and serve with soy sauce.
Optional: For Non-Vegetarians add cooked chicken, beef or shrimp with step #3, if you like meat in your Fried Rice for a main meal!
IMPORTANT TIP: Browning the rice helps keep it from turning gummy!
Nutritional Facts — optional meats not included!