Cooking Time:1 - 1 1/2 hours
Ingredients3 c. sugar
1 c. corn syrup, light
4 c. raw, blanched peanuts
1/2 c. salted butter, cut into pieces
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. baking soda
If you like peanut brittle, you will be amazed when you make Slow Cooker Peanut Brittle.
- Place the butter into the slow cooker.
- Pour the sugar and the corn syrup over the butter. Add vanilla.
- Cover. Cook for 1 hour on High.
- Stir well and mix in the baking soda.
- Cover. Cook on high for another 30 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Cover. Cook again for another 15-30 minutes, or until the sugar mixture is brown and looks more like the color of peanut brittle.
- Line two large baking trays with parchment paper.
- Use oven mitts and pour half of the mixture onto each tray. Spread out with a buttered spatula.
- Let cool for one hour, then cut into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
You will love the flavor, and the texture, as it is not brittle like other peanut brittle!
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
I recently made this recipe from the cookbook Slow Cooker Holiday Classics get crocked Special Edition Oct/No 2015. This was the FIRST recipe I tried and may well be the last. The kicker is the last sentence under the recipe directions here that is not in the book “You will love the texture as it is not brittle”. I NEVER would have made this recipe from the book had this been stated. When a recipe is listed as peanut brittle there should be no confusion. Your recipe is NOT brittle – why categorize it that way? I have a fantastic… Read more »