Cooking Time:4–5 hours on Low
Ingredients1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
3 T. low-sodium soy sauce
3 T.fresh lemon juice
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. grated fresh ginger
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs (breasts for a lighter version but won’t be as moist)
This Slow Cooker Asian Glazed Chicken is full of flavor and yet so easy to prepare. I serve it with rice and sometimes saute stir-fry veggies for a side dish. (peppers, onions, snow peas, and/or broccoli) If desired, you can double the sauce ingredients as it is really yummy and pairs well with the veggies too.
- Mix the sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice,Worcestershire sauce, ginger, and crushed red pepper together in a slow cooker.
- Add the chicken and stir well to ensure the meat is coated evenly.
- Cover and Crock on low for 4–5 hours or until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from crock and set aside.
- Pour the liquid from the crock into a large skillet and boil until slightly thickened, 4 to 5 minutes. If sauce is not thickening enough you can dissolve 1 tablespoon of cornstarch in 3–4 tablespoons of water and add to the sauce. (I usually taste and doctor the sauce a tad while boiling too — my husband likes it a bit sweeter!)
- Serve the chicken with rice and top with the sauce from the skillet. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get the GetCrocked eBook.