Cooking Time:1 - 1 1/2 hours
Ingredients1 T. butter
4 lemon, slices, thin
1 large garlic clove, peeled and halved lengthwise
8 to 10 oz. scallops, bay or sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry, tough connective tissue removed
1/8 tsp. kosher salt
pepper, freshly ground, black
1/4 c. parsley, chopped fresh flat-leaf
2 lemon wedges
Scallops can be a little tricky as you don’t want to over cook them, that’s why making Slow Cooker Scallops are awesome!
- Place the butter, lemon slices and garlic in the crock of the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High, until the butter is hot, about 30 minutes.
- Add the scallops and sprinkle with the salt. Stir to coat them with the butter and seasonings.
- Cover. Cook on High for 30 to 40 minutes or until the scallops are thoroughly hot and opaque in the center.
- To serve, press the lemon slices with the back of a spoon to release their juices and then discard casing of the lemon.
- Sprinkle the scallops and their cooking liquid with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the scallops to 2 serving plates.
Drizzle each serving with some of the cooking liquid, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with fresh lemon wedges.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
I’ve always had trouble under- or over-cooking scallops before. This recipe makes it easy to cook them to perfection!
Thank you JayKay for your awesome review! Love all SUCCESS stories!
I’d like to try this but the recipe calls for “1 T. butter”, what is a a “T”? Teaspoon? Tablespoon? Ton?
Any help, thanks!
Douglas T stands for Tablespoon tsp. stands for teaspoon.. Thanks for the question, and Happy Crocking!
I made this for dinner last night with spinach and spaghetti and it was delicious!
Can I add asparagus to this recipe??