Cooking Time:3–4 hours
Ingredients2 lbs. chicken, boneless, skinless thigh tenders or chicken breast tenders*
1/4 c. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. pepper, black
1 T. canola oil
1/4 c. soy sauce
2 T. rice wine vinegar
2 T. ketchup
1 T. brown sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp. ginger, grated fresh
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 c. cashews
Love the flavor in this Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken!
- Combine flour and pepper in a Ziploc bag.
- Add the chicken one piece at a time.
- Shake to coat with flour mixture.
- In a skillet heat oil to medium-high heat.
- On each side (approximately 2 minutes) brown chicken.
- Transfer browned chicken to slow cooker.
- Mix soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in a bowl; pour over chicken.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours.
- Add cashews and stir.
Serve over rice.
NOTE: If you like extra sauce to pour over the chicken and the rice, double the sauce ingredients.