Cooking Time:8-10 hours
Ingredients2 lbs. Stewing Beef, cut into chunks
5 New Potatoes, chopped
3 Carrots, chopped
2 T. Olive Oil
1 Medium Onion, chopped
1 Small Green Pepper, chopped
1 14.5 oz. Can, Green Beans
1 T. Minced Garlic
1 tsp. Coarse Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
16 oz. Beef Broth
14.5 oz. Stewed Tomatoes
6 oz. White Mushrooms, washed and quartered
1/3 c. BBQ Sauce
3 T. Cornstarch
1/4 c. Water
Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef Stew is a wonderful twist on the already delicious flavor of a beef stew!
- Chop potatoes and carrots; add to the bottom of a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Brown meat in a skillet over medium-high heat and set on top of potatoes in slow cooker.
- Add onions, peppers and garlic to the skillet with 1 T. olive oil. brown and add to the slow cooker.
- Deglaze skillet over high heat – use 1/4 c. of red wine and scrap up any brown bits. Pour in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle ingredients with salt & pepper.
- Pour in beef stock, tomatoes, mushrooms and barbecue sauce.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours.
- In a small cup, combine cold water and corn starch until dissolved. Pour into stew and stir. Cook for one additional hour on Low, or until stew is thickened to your preference.
OPTIONAL: If you want to add frozen peas, add one hour before stew is done.
Serve over hot cooked rice.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!