Cooking Time:4 hours on Low or 2 hours on High
Ingredients3/4 c. sugar, dark brown, packed
1/4 c. soy sauce (or gluten free Tamari)
2 T. ginger, fresh, minced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/8 tsp. pepper, cayenne (optional)
4 lbs. chicken wings or drummettes
1/4 tsp. salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp. pepper, or to taste
1/4 c. water
1/4 c. tomato paste
3 Scallions, thinly sliced for garnish
Since I am from the mid-west originally, Slow Cooker Sticky Wings or Drummettes bring back some fun times with friends! YUMMY!
- In the slow cooker, mix 1/4 c. brown sugar, 1 T. soy sauce, (Tamari is gluten free) ginger, garlic, and cayenne pepper.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4 hours or on High for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and top with a wire rack.
- Transfer chicken to the prepared baking sheet and discard the liquid.
- Combine the remaining sugar, water, tomato paste, remaining soy sauce and/or Tamari and a cayenne (optional) in a bowl to create the glaze.
- Brush the chicken with the mixture and broil the chicken until lightly charred and crisp, about 10-15 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and brush with the remaining mixture and continue to broil until charred and crisp on the second side, about 5-10 minutes.
and…. you know what to do next! Oh so YUMMY!
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”