Cooking Time:4 hours on Low or 2 hours on High
Ingredients3/4 c. sugar, dark brown, packed
1/4 c. soy sauce (or gluten free Tamari)
2 T. ginger, fresh, minced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/8 tsp. pepper, cayenne (optional)
4 lbs. chicken wings or drummettes
1/4 tsp. salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp. pepper, or to taste
1/4 c. water
1/4 c. tomato paste
3 Scallions, thinly sliced for garnish
Since I am from the mid-west originally, Slow Cooker Sticky Wings or Drummettes bring back some fun times with friends! YUMMY!
- In the slow cooker, mix 1/4 c. brown sugar, 1 T. soy sauce, (Tamari is gluten free) ginger, garlic, and cayenne pepper.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4 hours or on High for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and top with a wire rack.
- Transfer chicken to the prepared baking sheet and discard the liquid.
- Combine the remaining sugar, water, tomato paste, remaining soy sauce and/or Tamari and a cayenne (optional) in a bowl to create the glaze.
- Brush the chicken with the mixture and broil the chicken until lightly charred and crisp, about 10–15 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and brush with the remaining mixture and continue to broil until charred and crisp on the second side, about 5–10 minutes.
and.… you know what to do next! Oh so YUMMY!