Cooking Time:2 1/2 - 3 hours on High or 6 - 7 hours on Low
Ingredients1 1/2 lb. Lean Ground Beef
1 Onion, small, chopped
1 Garlic clove, minced
1.25 oz. Taco Seasoning Mix
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
6-9 Corn Tortillas, (5 1/2-inch)
1/2 c. Chicken Broth
1/2 c. Tomato Sauce
10 oz. Enchilada Sauce
6 oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
30 oz. Black Beans, Rinsed & drained
11 oz. Mexicorn Whole Kernel Corn, drained
4 oz. Diced Green Chiles
2 1/4 oz. Canned, Sliced Olives
Sour cream, to taste
Do you love “taco night” – or as we call it around here, “Taco Tuesday?” Mix things up a bit this week with Slow Cooker Taco Casserole! This dish is full of all the yummy flavors you find in a taco but super easy to prepare and serve casserole style! Note: I always make this dish in my CROCK-POT® CASSEROLE CROCK (I’m seriously in love with this slow cooker) but you can use any 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Spray crock with nonstick cooking spray or brush inside of 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker with oil.
- Brown ground sirloin in a skillet with onion and garlic over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stir frequently. Drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix, salt and pepper.
- Place 3 tortillas in bottom of oiled slow cooker. Top with beef mixture, broth, tomato sauce and enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Layer 3 more tortillas. Top with beans, Mexicorn, green chiles, half of the olives and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Top with remaining 3 tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and olives.
- Cover. Cook on High for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on Low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Uncover slow cooker for last 30 minutes of crock time.
Serve with sour cream.
Optional: Facebook friend felt there were too many tortillas, so you can reduce from 9 to the however many you would like!