Cooking Time:6-8 hours on Low, 3-4 hours on High
Ingredients4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips
1/2 c. flour
1 T. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
6 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate (just use half of a 12 oz. can)
3 T. brown sugar
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
3 T. ketchup
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 T. cornstarch
2 T. cold water
capers - optional
Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken can be served over noodles or rice, and makes a wonder meal, after a long day at work, what more can we want!
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a large plastic resealable bag.
- Shake each piece of chicken in plastic bag to coat.
- Brown flour coated chicken in a small amount of oil. (ONLY brown chicken do not cook it through.)
- Put chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT corn starch and water, and pour over chicken.
- Cover. Cook on High for 3-4 hours or Low for 6-8.
- Remove chicken from pot, cover to keep hot. Transfer the liquid to a saucepan.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth and add slowly to liquid in saucepan, while stirring over low heat until our reach the thickness you like.
- When thickened, serve with chicken over egg noodles or hot rice.