Cooking Time:5 hours
Ingredients1 lb. beef, ground, extra lean or ground turkey
1 c. skim milk
1/2 c. rice, brown, instant
1/4 c. onion, chopped
1 c. dry bread crumbs
1/2 tsp. salt
Dash of black pepper
10 3/4 oz. soup, cream of mushroom, low- fat, low-sodium, canned
1/2 c. skim milk
4 oz. mushrooms, canned (optional)
Since I am from the Mid-west this is a recipe I grew up with, and we always served Slow Cooker Mushroom Porcupine Meatballs with a heaping scoop of Mashed Potatoes!
- Combine ground meat, 1 cup of the skim milk, rice, onion, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Shape into meatballs with an small ice cream scoop.
- Place in the slow cooker.
- Mix together soup, with optional mushrooms and 1/2 c. milk. Pour over the top of the meatballs.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 5 hours.
Serve with mushroom soup gravy and how about the garlic mashed potatoes from my website GetCrocked.com! Here is the link: http://bit.ly/1MqxZqM
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Do u have to cook the rice first before mixing it with the other items?
Hi Linda, No, you just put it in uncooked, and make your meatballs! Thanks for the question, and Happy Crocking!