Cooking Time:5 hours
Ingredients1 lb. beef, ground, extra lean or ground turkey
1 c. skim milk
1/2 c. rice, brown, instant
1/4 c. onion, chopped
1 c. dry bread crumbs
1/2 tsp. salt
Dash of black pepper
10 3/4 oz. soup, cream of mushroom, low- fat, low-sodium, canned
1/2 c. skim milk
4 oz. mushrooms, canned (optional)
Since I am from the Mid-west this is a recipe I grew up with, and we always served Slow Cooker Mushroom Porcupine Meatballs with a heaping scoop of Mashed Potatoes!
- Combine ground meat, 1 cup of the skim milk, rice, onion, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Shape into meatballs with an small ice cream scoop.
- Place in the slow cooker.
- Mix together soup, with optional mushrooms and 1/2 c. milk. Pour over the top of the meatballs.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 5 hours.
Serve with mushroom soup gravy and how about the garlic mashed potatoes from my website GetCrocked.com! Here is the link: http://bit.ly/1MqxZqM