Cooking Time:8 hours on Low, 4 hours on High
Ingredients1 1/2 lb. butternut squash, (1 medium) peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
2 tomatoes, medium, coarsely chopped
1 onion, medium, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed with press
15 to 19 oz. garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 c. chicken broth or vegetable broth for vegetarian
1/3 c. raisins
2 tsp. ground coriander
2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3.lb. chicken, thighs, bone-in skinless
10 oz. couscous, plain
1/2 c. olives, green, pitted
Slow Cooker Chicken Tagine is a Moroccan stew that I got from a Good Housekeeping Magazine a few years ago, and it is full of delicious flavor!
- Combine squash, tomatoes, onion, garlic, beans, broth, and raisins in a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Separately combine coriander, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Rub the above spice mixture all over chicken thighs; place chicken on top of vegetable mixture.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours or on High for 4 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, prepare couscous as label directs.
To serve, fluff couscous with fork. Stir olives into chicken mixture. Serve chicken mixture over couscous.