Cooking Time:6 hours on High
Ingredients3 lbs. beef, boneless, chuck roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 onion, medium, sliced
3 c. carrots, chopped, coarsely
1 lb. mushrooms, fresh, halved
1.61 oz. brown gravy mix, package
10 1/2 oz. beef broth, canned
1 c. red wine
2 T. tomato paste
1 bay leaf
egg noodles or rice
Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
Slow Cooker Beef and Red Wine Sauce is the perfect meal to make for guests. Very easy yet very tasty for a wonderful meal!
- In a 6 quart slow cooker, place the beef roast, sliced onion, chopped carrots, and fresh mushrooms.
- Whisk together gravy mix, beef broth, red wine and tomato paste.
- Evenly pour over the beef and vegetables.
- Add bay leaf.
- Cover. Cook on High for 6 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and discard before serving.
Serve over noodles or rice. Garnish, if desired.