Cooking Time:6 hours on LOW
Ingredients2 lb. Haddock or Cod
1/4 lb. Thick-sliced Bacon
1 Large Yellow Onion, chopped
2 c. Frozen Yellow Corn
6 Yukon Gold Potatoes, cubed (skin off or on - your preference)
2 c. Chicken Broth
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 Bay Leaf
1.5 c. Half & Half
When you make Slow Cooker Fish Chowder, you will enjoy how easy it is to make this chowder, and the flavor!
- Cut fish into 1″ pieces.
- Place bacon and onion into a skillet on medium heat. Cook until bacon is crisp and onion is softened.
- Place potatoes in the bottom of a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Top with fish, onions and bacon.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add bay leaf.
- Pour the broth over top all ingredients.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours.
- Stir in the frozen corn and half & half. Cover and cook on LOW for 30 more minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.
Great when served with warm bread or oyster crackers!
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
I have a question. In step 3 it says to cook pork/bacon with onions. Step 4 says to drain fish. Do you cook the fish ahead of time.
Thanks, it sounds like a great recipe.
Hi Itashka! I have edited the recipe for the fish chowder, so it is clearer! Thank you for posting! Happy Crocking!
At what point should I add the corn? Should it be pre-thawed as well? Thank you!
Thanks Cam… I corrected the recipe! Happy Crocking!
isn’t 2 lbs of fish a lot for 4 servings? Or did you mean 8
Irene I will adjust this, it is 4 pieces of fish! Thanks for letting me know! 🙂