Cooking Time:1 hour 45 minutes
1 T. breadcrumbs, dry
8 oz. cream cheese, light with chives and onions, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, fat-free, softened
1/2 c. salsa, medium
1 T. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
4.5 oz. green chiles, chopped, undrained
1 egg, large
1 egg white, large
2 oz. cheese, Mexican blend, shredded, reduced fat 4-cheese (1/2 c.)
4 c. hot water
1/4 c. cilantro, chopped fresh
1/4 c. tomato, chopped
3 T. green onions, sliced green
3 T. bell pepper, yellow, chopped
For your next party or get together, surprise your guests with Slow Cooker Salsa Cheesecake and serve with your favorite tortilla chips. Great because you make it ahead of time!
- Spray a 7-inch springform pan with cooking spray; sprinkle breadcrumbs over bottom of pan. Wrap bottom and sides of prepared pan with foil.
- With your mixer, beat both cream cheeses at medium speed until smooth.
- Blend salsa, flour, chile powder and cumin with cream cheese.
- Add egg and egg white; just until blended DO NOT OVERBEAT.
- Stir in Mexican blend cheese.
- Pour mixture into prepared springform pan.
- Place a 10-ounce custard cup or ramekin, upside down, in a round 5-quart slow cooker.
- Place springform pan on top of custard cup or ramekin.
- Slowly pour 4 cups hot water into slow cooker, being careful not to get water into cheese mixture.
- Place 8 paper towels over top of slow cooker before placing on lid.
- Cover. Cook on High for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until cheesecake is set.
- Turn slow cooker off. Uncover; discard paper towels (DO Not remove springform from the crock insert).
- Carefully run a knife around edge of cheesecake.
- Remove crock insert from slow cooker.
- For 30 minutes, let cheesecake stand, uncovered in crock.
- Remove pan from crock, and let cheesecake cool completely in springform on a rack. Cover and chill 24 hours.
- Run a knife around the edge again, and carefully removing the sides from springform pan.
- Layer cilantro, tomato, green onions, and yellow bell pepper in center of cheesecake.
- Cut into wedges for serving.