Cooking Time:Chicken Overnight, and then 1 1/2 hours
Ingredients1 lb. chicken, breast, boneless, split
1 Heinz Homestyle Chicken Gravy, Large
1-10 3/4 oz. soup, Cream of Celery, canned
1-10 3/4 oz. soup, Cream of Chicken, canned
1 bag of thick noodles (brand of your choice)
Salt to taste
2 1/2 c. water or low sodium chicken broth
Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodles, we consider to be comfort food. It is so good, and one the kiddos enjoy as well! YUMMY!
- Place Chicken in slow cooker overnight (8–10 hours) on Low with 2.5 cups of chicken broth (low sodium) or water.
- Turn slow cooker off in the morning and remove chicken. (chicken should be golden)
- When chicken is cool, shred.
- Refrigerator chicken in liquid until ready for dinner. (Liquid will keep chicken nice and moist)
- Place cream of celery soup, cream of chicken soup, 2 cups water, 1/2 the jar of Heinz Homestyle Chicken Gravy in the slow cooker about 1 1/2 hours before dinner time.
- Cover. Cook on Low.
- Once you have placed the above in covered slow cooker on Low. Cook noodles until tender.
- When noodles are tender, add with the drained shredded chicken to the slow cooker and stir carefully but mix well.
- Retain the broth from the drained shredded chicken for use with another meal or use some in this recipe if you like it juicy! Broth can be frozen!
- Cover the contents with the remainder of the Heinz Homestyle Chicken Gravy.
- Cover again. Cook on Low for remaining time of the 1 1/2 hours.
NOTE: Salt at the table for each persons liking!
Serve with your favorite vegetables! Jenn likes mashed potatoes and corn…YUM!