Cooking Time:8 hours on Low, 4 hours on High
Ingredients1 Medium Sweet Onion, sliced
2/3 c. lemon juice, divided
1/4 c. butter, melted
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. ground cumin
1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 Cornish game hens
1/2 tsp. ground thyme
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1 c. chicken broth
1/4 c. butter, cut into cubes
Slow Cooker Easy Cornish Hens are truly easy to make, and delicious to serve! Serve with warm bread and a veggie, and your meal will be complete!
- Place sliced onions in the bottom of a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Combine 1/3 c. of the lemon juice, melted butter, thyme, garlic powder, cumin, and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Rub the above mixture all over the hens.
- Put about 1 tablespoon chilled margarine in the cavity of each hen.
- Pour chicken broth and 1/3 cup lemon juice over onions in the slow cooker.
- Place the hens in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook for 6 hours on Low or for 3.5 hours on High.
Optional: Add your favorite veggies, such as potatoes and carrots! Delish!