Cooking Time:8-10 hours on Low, additional 20 - 30 minutes
Ingredients15 oz. beans, great northern, drained
15 oz. kidney beans, darkdark, drained
9 oz. green chiles, undrained, chopped (2-4.5 oz. cans)
1/2 c. onion, medium,
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp. cumin, ground
1/8 tsp. red pepper, ground (cayenne)
3 1/2 c. chicken broth (32 oz. carton)
2 lb turkey thighs, skin removed
1 c. corn, Shoepeg, white, frozen, thawed
2 T. flour, all purpose
1/4 c. water
1 lime, cut into wedges, if desired
Always looking for ways to use up the leftover turkey. I like to make Slow Cooker Leftover Turkey Chili!
- Mix great northern beans, kidney beans, chiles, onion, garlic, cumin, red pepper and broth in a 4-5 quart slow cooker.
- Place turkey thighs in with bean mixture.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 – 10 hours.
- Remove turkey thighs from the crock to a cutting board.
- Remove all meat from bones; discarding bones.
- Cut turkey into bite-size pieces.
- Transfer turkey and adding corn to crock.
- Mix flour and water until smooth in a separate bowl; stir into turkey mixture.
- Cover. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes on High or until thoroughly heated and slightly thickened.
NOTE: Great chili to use the ingredients on hand, use your veggies on hand!
Serve individual servings with a lime wedge for squeezing juice over chili. YUM!