Cooking Time:5-6 hours
Ingredients2 1/2 lbs. potatoes, cut into wedges (I used Russet, and didn't peel; red would work great too)
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 T. lemon juice
1 T. dried parsley
2 green onions, sliced
3 tsp. dried dill
1/4 tsp. kosher salt (might want more to taste if you use unsalted butter)
1/4 tsp. black pepper
Slow Cooker Irish Potatoes are so good, and great to make and serve for potlucks and family gatherings!
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, place the cut potatoes and water into the crock. (Only potatoes and water!).
- Cover. Cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain the liquid leaving the potatoes in the crock.
- Toss potatoes with melted butter, lemon juice, sliced green onion, and all seasoning.
- Make sure the slow cooker is on warm setting and serve right out of the crock. If you don’t have a warm setting on your slow cooker, be careful not to burn the potatoes by leaving them on Low!
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Love the recipe – but what does the c. stand for? 1/2 c. water = 1/2 Crockpot or half cup? Sorry for easy questions, but I’m a crock pot newbie in England.
J. S., that is 1/2 cup… thanks for the question! Happy Crocking!
Could you use this method of cooking potatoes and use a different “sauce”? Like when I roast potatoes I use Italian dressing. Could I just mix that with the potatoes after they’re done cooking?
Absolutely Adele! Make this recipe your own, and I would appreciate it if you would post back and let everyone know how it turned out! Happy Crocking!
Approximately how many will this serve as a side dish?
You will find the serving size on the upper right hand corner of the page, but happy to share that it serves 8-10 depending of the helping size of your family or guests. Happy Crocking!