Cooking Time:3 1/2 hours
Ingredients1 3/4 c. onion, sliced vertically
2 c. carrots, baby
1 lb. red potatoes, small, round, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1/2 c. chicken broth, fat-free, lower-sodium
1/2 c. wine, dry white (optional if you don’t want to add wine, use 1/2 c. additional chicken broth
1 T. thyme, fresh, chopped
1 tsp. garlic, minced
3/4 tsp. salt, divided
1/2 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground, divided
1 tsp. paprika
6 — 6 oz. chicken, thighs, bone-in, skinned
1 tsp. olive oil
fresh thyme, chopped (optional)
Love Slow Cooker Carrots and Potatoes with Chicken as it takes only 20 minutes to prep and ready in a short period of time. Love to fix on Sunday morning so it is ready by the noon meal!
- In a 6 quart slow cooker, place onion coated with cooking spray; top with carrots and potatoes.
- Mix broth, wine, thyme and garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and pour over vegetables.
- Combine paprika, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; rub over chicken.
- In a nonstick skillet, add oil, swirl to coat and place over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to skillet, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Arrange chicken on top of vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 3 1/2 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
NOTE: If desired, garnish with additional thyme.