Cooking Time:8 hours plus additional 20 minutes
Ingredients4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 carrots peeled and sliced
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. dried thyme
4 c. water
4 c. chicken stock
1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. matzo ball mix
Slow Cooker EASY Matzo Ball Soup has all the flavors of a great chicken soup. Enjoy this one during the holidays!
- Place carrots, celery and onion in the bottom of a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Lay chicken breasts on top of vegetables and top with broth, water, and seasonings.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours.
- While soup is cooking, prepare the matzo balls according to package directions. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Shape chilled dough into 1-inch balls.
- When soup is done, remove chicken and use two forks to shred.
- Place chicken back in the slow cooker.
- Gently drop the matzo dough balls into the soup. (Be careful!)
- Cover. Cook for an additional 20 minutes.
Optional: Thin dried noodles, can be added in the last 20 minutes.