Cooking Time:4 hours
Ingredients2 1/4 c. whole milk
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
12 oz. can evaporated milk
1/2 c. sugar
1 T. vanilla extract
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. kosher salt
9 egg yolks
10–12 slices white bread, challah works great
Freshly whipped cream
It doesn’t have to be Cinco de Mayo to enjoy this amazing and easy traditional dessert with a twist. Slow Cooker Tres Leches Bread Pudding can be made with any day-old bread you have on hand!
- Lightly grease the inside of a large crock. Line the insert with foil for easy removal, letting some foil overhang.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together whole milk, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and egg yolks. Toss in the cubed bread and mix to coat all the bread.
- Add the mixture to the slow cooker.
- Cover and crock on LOW about 4 hours.
- Check center of cake with toothpick.
- Remove lid, and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Use the foil handles to lift the bread pudding from crock.
SERVE by topping each dish with freshly whipped cream and cinnamon.