Cooking Time:8 hours
Ingredients15 apples, or the max your crock pot will hold
1/4 c. honey (try to use local raw honey)
3 T. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
Make this when organic apples are on sale when you can stock up! This recipe makes a lot—enough to gift a couple Mason Jars’ worth!
- Peel and core apples and cut into chunks. Place in crock.
- Distribute the rest of the ingredients onto the tops of the apples in the crock. Do not mix yet! Once the apples have warmed and softened, it is easier to mash all together.
- Cover and crock on LOW for 8 hours.
- Around 6 hours, mash the apples with a large fork or potato masher while inside the pot.
- After 2 more hours, remove the apple goodness and throw everything in the food processor and process for a couple minutes until it is smooth. Cool in jars and store in the refrigerator.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
This is my very favorite website! It is phenomenal for so many reasons. Please don’t ever stop! 🙂
Thank you Linda, you are very sweet to take the time and write this nice note. Appreciate your warm words. Thank you!
How long is the apple butter good for and how much does this recipe make?
Hi Carrie – you can store the apple butter in your refrigerator for up to 2 or 3 months or indefinitely in your freezer. Happy Crocking!
what kind of apples did you use for best results?
Hi Brittany! I use the best cooking apples, like Gayla, Cortland and there are several others. Enjoy and Happy Crocking!
Thank goodness I have found this gr8 website, I love my crock pot, every kitchen needs more than 1 in my opinion 🙂 Keep the recipes a coming..Thanks again.
Thanks Sondra – and welcome to our community! Happy Crocking! xo – Jenn