Cooking Time:5 hours
Ingredients1 T. canola oil
1 lb. chicken breast, skinless, boneless, cut into 1-inch pieces
3/4 lb. chicken thighs, skinless, boneless, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 c. onion, chopped
1 c. green bell pepper, chopped
1 c. celery, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 oz. turkey kielbasa, halved and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
2 tsp. Cajun seasoning, salt free
1/2 tsp. thyme, dried
1/4 tsp. paprika, Spanish smoked (optional)
29 oz. tomatoes, diced, with onion and green peppers, undrained
14 oz. chicken broth, fat-free, lower-sodium
7 oz. rice, long-grain, boil-in-bag
1 lb. shrimp, medium, peeled and deveined
2 T. parsley, chopped, fresh flat-leaf
1 T. hot sauce
Fresh parsley leaves (optional)
Slow Cooker Shrimp and Chicken Jambalaya is one of those comfort meals served with a little heat. Enjoy!
- In a large skillet, add oil, over high heat, cook chicken for approximately 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer chicken to a slow cooker.
- Add onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic to skillet used to cook chicken; sauté 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add onion mixture, kielbasa, cajun seasoning, dried thyme, paprika (optional), tomatoes and chicken broth to slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 5 hours.
- Cook rice according to direction on package.
- Add rice, shrimp, chopped parsley and hot sauce, EXCEPT parsley garnish to slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High for an additional 15 minutes or until shrimp are done.
NOTE: If desired, Garnish with parsley leaves.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get our eBook.
How many servings does this make and what is the serving size ?
Check out the upper right hand side of each page! This recipe serve 8! 🙂