Cooking Time:6–8 hours on Low, Total
Ingredients2 T. corn oil
2 lb. Pork Ribs, coarsely cut, boneless, country style or Pork Shoulder
Kosher salt and
Cracked Black Pepper to taste
2 c. onion, yellow, diced
1/4 c. Jalapeno chile, minced
1 c. green chiles, dried, seeded, steamed and minced (New Mexico is the best)
1/4 c. garlic, minced
2 c. Poblano Chile, roasted peeled and pureed
1 c. cheese, Pepper Jack, grated
24 flour tortillas, (6 — inch)
1/4 lb. butter
This Slow Cooker Green Chile Pork may be my favorite of all time! Can be serve as an appetizer, but I can actually eat it as a meal. So GOOD!
- In a cast iron pot or Dutch oven, heat the corn oil
- Season the pork with salt and pepper.
- When the oil is hot, add the pork, onions, an jalapenos, (New Mexico) dried chiles, and garlic.
- When brown, transfer to the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4–5 hours.
- Add the poblano chile puree, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover. Continue to cook on Low for 2–3 hours.
- Serve topped with the grated cheese.
- Lightly brown the cheese (if possible).
- Grill the tortillas and brush with the butter.
- Spoon the green chile pork into the tortillas, roll them up, and ENJOY!