Cooking Time:5–7 hours
Ingredients2 T. Unsalted Butter
28 oz. Crushed Tomatoes
14.5 oz. Diced Tomatoes
3 T. Tomato Paste
1 Small Onion, diced
2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
2 T. Italian Seasoning
1 T. Sugar
2 tsp. Minced Garlic
3 c. Chicken Stock
1 Bay Leaf
1/2 c. Half & Half
12 oz. Uncooked Cheese-filled Ravioli
Vegetables of your choice (if desired)
Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Ravioli Soup is so delicious, and PERFECT for those fall and winter days when you just need something to warm the tummy!
- Melt butter on LOW heat in a large skillet. “Sweat” the onions — cooking until translucent but without browning.
- Stir in garlic, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste.
- Add 2 T. Italian Seasonings, 1 T. Sugar and salt & pepper to taste.
- Add carrots in the bottom of a 6-Quart Slow Cooker. Salt & Pepper, if desired.
- Pour tomato sauce over top carrots.
- Pour in broth and add bay leaf.
- Cover and Cook on Low for 4–5 hours.
- Remove Bay Leaf and set aside.
- Use a hand blender and slightly puree the soup, if desired.
- Stir in the half & half and the pasta.
- Cover. Cook on High for 30–60 additional minutes, or until ravioli are cooked through.
- Pour in soup bowls, sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese and serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Crock Pot Girl