Cooking Time:4-5 hours
Ingredients1 T olive oil
1-2 lbs. Italian sausage
2 onions, chopped
3 bell peppers (any color-or a variety is great)
4 garlic cloves, minced
28 oz. diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tsp. sea salt
This Italian comfort classic of Slow Cooker Paleo Sausage and Peppers is so versatile, below you will find an easy-to-follow recipe that is packed with flavor for a simple weeknight meal.
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat and slightly brown the sausage on both sides–it does not have to be cooked through–set aside to allow to cool.
- Add bell peppers and onions to pan and saute for 3–4 minutes. After 3–4 minutes, add the minced garlic and continue to cook for 1–2 minutes.
- Transfer everything to the slow cooker.
- After sausage has cooled, cut into 1-inch rounds and place in crock with the peppers and onions.
- Add remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Cover and crock on Low 4–5 hours.