Cooking Time:8 hours
Ingredients8 potatoes, baking, small (8 - 6 oz. each)
1/8 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 c. milk, fat-free
1/4 c. yogurt, plain, fat-free, Greek
2 oz. cheese, sharp cheddar, shredded, reduced-fat, (about 1/2 cup), divided
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
1 T. chives, fresh, chopped
2 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
I can make a meal on Slow Cooker Twice Baked Potatoes — Loaded, that is why I love them in the slow cooker, as I put them on in the morning, and when I come home… they are pretty much ready, little prep time left!
- Wash potatoes, rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Spray potatoes with cooking spray, pierce potatoes with a fork.
- Rub 1/8 tsp. kosher salt evenly over potatoes.
- Place seasoned potatoes in an oval 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Cool slightly.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp into a microwave-safe bowl, leaving a 1/8-inch-thick shell.
- With a potato masher, mash pulp.
- Stir in milk, yogurt, 1/4 cup cheese, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and pepper.
- Place in a microwave on High for 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon potato mixture evenly into shells, evenly sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Place potato halves in bottom of crock pot.
- Cover again and cook on High for approximately 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese melts.
- Sprinkle each potato half with about 1/2 tsp. chives and about 1 tsp. bacon.