Cooking Time:6-8 hours
Ingredients4-6 lb. Whole Chicken, free range.
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. cumin
1 T. chili powder
1 T. cayenne
1/2 c. lime juice
2 handfuls of fresh cilantro
3 garlic cloves
1 T. of olive oil
- Wash chicken under cold tap water then dry with paper towels.
- Coat chicken evenly as possible with dry spices.
- In a blender, combine lime juice, cilantro, garlic, and olive oil, mixing until smooth.
- Cut 1 lime in 1/2, dust with chili powder, and place in chicken cavity.
- Place bird in large enough plastic zip bag or crock pot liner bag and pour wet marinade over it, making sure to coat all of the bird.
- Let chicken marinate overnight…Worth the wait!
- Place chicken in crock along with any marinade.
- Cover and crock on LOW 6 -8 hours.