Cooking Time:9 hours and 15 minutes
Ingredients2 lb. chuck roast, boneless, trimmed and cut in half
1/4 c. soy sauce, lower-sodium
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 c. beef broth
1 - .35 oz. package dried morels
1 T. cracked black pepper
3 T. sun-dried tomato paste
2 onions, medium (about 3/4 pound), quartered
16 oz. carrots, package, cut into 2-inch pieces
16 red potatoes, small (about 2 pounds), halved
1 T. canola oil
1 1/2 T. flour, all-purpose
3 T. water
(Optional) Rosemary sprigs
A pot roast is one of those meals you can eat whenever, and Slow Cooker Family Pot Roast is so delicious, and your whole family will ENJOY! Kiddos too!
- Combine roast, soy sauce, and garlic in a large zip-top bag; seal, and marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Bring broth to a boil in a saucepan; adding mushrooms.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand about 20 minutes.
- Drain mushrooms through a cheesecloth-lined colander over a bowl, reserving broth mixture.
- Remove roast from bag in the refrigerator, reserving marinade.
- Sprinkle roast with pepper, gently pressing pepper into roast.
- Combine reserved marinade, mushroom broth mixture, and tomato paste; stirring well. Set aside.
- Place onion, carrot, mushrooms and potato in a 6-7 quart slow cooker; toss gently.
- Brown roast in oil, over medium high heat in a large skillet, brown on all sides well.
- Transfer roast to slow cooker and place over the vegetables.
- Pour tomato paste mixture into skillet, scraping to loosen browned bits. Pour tomato paste mixture over roast and vegetables.
- Cover. Cook on High for 1 hour.
- Reduce setting to Low, and cook 8 hours or until roast is tender.
- Place roast and vegetables on a serving platter; keep warm.
- Reserve liquid in crock pot; increase setting to High.
- Put flour in a bowl. Gradually adding water, stirring with a whisk until well blended.
- Combine flour mixture to liquid in crock pot.
- With the lid removed from the slow cooker, cook 15 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring frequently.
- Serve gravy with roast and vegetables.