Ingredients2.5 lbs. free range chicken on the bone-
4 c. water
4 c. low sodium free-range chicken broth
1 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 small onion, diced
2 carrots, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 bundle fresh herbs of your choice
1 bay leaf
6 oz. GF noodle (not 100% rice pasta)
Try this soup on a cool, breezy fall or winter day. This homemade classic is sure to warm your bones!
- Place all ingredients except noodles in a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Cover. Crock on LOW 5 — 6 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and chicken; let chicken cool until easy to handle; remove meat from bone, shred, and place back into crock.
- Then add the gluten free rice or quinoa noodles.
- Cook another hour or until noodles are done, about 1/2 hour more. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
Note: You can also cook the noodles separately and add to the crock right before serving.