Cooking Time:8 hours
Ingredients8 lb. Turkey Breast
1 Onion, sliced
2 T. onion powder
1 T. Italian Seasoning
3/4 c. free range chicken broth
2 T. garlic powder
1 T. dried parsley
1 tsp. paprika
1 T. sea salt
Celebrate any day as if it were a holiday with this easy and healthy recipe for Slow Cooker Paleo Turkey Breast. This recipe requires a large slow cooker and it you don’t have one, you can use a smaller cut of meat and reduce the cooking time. Enjoy!
- Place sliced onions in the bottom of a large oval slow cooker.
- Set turkey breast on top of the onions.
- Whisk onion powder, Italian seasoning, and chicken broth in a bowl and pour the mixture over the turkey breast, spreading it out to evenly cover the meat.
- Carefully pull skin back from turkey breast. (KEEP it attached — you’ll want to put it back in place in a second!)
- Mix garlic powder, parsley, sea salt, and paprika in a small bowl until well combined, then sprinkle over the turkey breast — underneath the skin.
- Replace the skin on top of the turkey breast.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 8 hours. Use a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the breast to measure doneness. Turkey is done when internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.