Cooking Time:8 hours
Ingredients1 Gallon Milk, any kind.
1 c. Plain yogurt with live cultures
1/2 c. powdered milk.
Yogurt in your slow cooker?! Oh yeah, baby! Cost-effective and easily doubled, this recipe is simple and tasty. Divide yogurt into mason jars over fruit of choice to have an accessible, healthy snack!
- Pour milk in slow cooker. Cover and Crock on HIGH for 2 1/2 hours.
- Unplug slow cooker and cool for 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix together plain yogurt and powdered milk.
- When milk has cooled for three hours, add in yogurt mixture and stir well.
- Replace lid, wrap slow cooker in a thick towel or blanket. Let it sit for 8 hours to thicken.
- Remove lid and strain liquid (whey) on top, or just mix it into the yogurt. Chill in containers until cold and serve with fresh fruit.
Note: Easily made Vegan by substituting coconut milk, coconut milk yogurt, and agar agar flakes.