Cooking Time:8 hours
Ingredients1 T. olive oil
2 c. onion, red, chopped (1 onion)
1 c. bell pepper, green, diced
1 c. bell pepper, red, diced
3 T. jalapeño, finely chopped (2 jalapeño peppers)
1 whole garlic head, peeled and minced
1/4 c. tomato paste, no-salt-added
4 c. vegetable broth, organic, divided
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
1/8 tsp. salt
30 oz. black beans, no-salt-added, rinsed and drained (2-15 oz. cans)
8 oz. frozen whole kernel corn (optional)
1/2 c. coconut milk
1/2 c. cilantro, fresh, chopped
2 limes, quartered
Slow Cooker Caribbean Black Bean Soup is not only delicious it is also very Healthy! Enjoy!
- In a skillet over medium-high heat; add oil, swirl to coat.
- Place onion, bell peppers (red and green) and jalapeño in skillet; sauté for about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic; sauté and additional 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato paste with 1 cup of broth.
- Transfer vegetable mixture (above) to a 5–5 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Stir in remaining 3 cups broth, thyme, cumin, ginger, allsprice, red pepper, salt and black beans.
- Cover. Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Stir in frozen corn 45 minutes before soup is done
- Stir in coconut milk.
- Pour soup into bowls; topped with cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges.