Cooking Time:6-7 hours
Ingredients1 lb. lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 24 oz. jar of pasta sauce, any variety
14.5 oz. Italian-style stewed tomatoes
2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1 c. fresh spinach or 10 oz. pkg. frozen
16 oz. Fusilli or corkscrew pasta, cooked al dente
4 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated
1.5 c. mozzarella, shredded
Slow Cooker Inside-Out Ravioli takes a new spin in this delicious and hearty Italian dinner. Leftovers should be abundant and taste even better the next day!
- Brown the ground beef, onion, and garlic. Drain to remove grease, and add to a 3.5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Next, add jar of pasta sauce, stewed tomatoes, and Italian Seasoning. (optional: Add a tablespoon of sugar if the store-bought pasta sauce is tart.)
- Stir well.
- Cover and Crock on LOW 4-5 hours.
- Add 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, spinach, Parmesan, and al-dente cooked pasta about 15 minutes before serving. Stir well to distribute sauce evenly. *NOTE: Remove from heat once cooking is complete, otherwise pasta could overcook and become mushy. (I learned that the hard way!)
- Upon serving, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.