Cooking Time:4-5 hours
Ingredients10 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
1 thick stalk fresh lemongrass—remove outer skins and bottom
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 T. ginger, thinly sliced
1 c. coconut milk
2 T. fish sauce
3 T. coconut aminos
1 tsp. Chinese 5 Spice
1 onion, sliced thinly
¼ c. cilantro, chopped
These little drumsticks pack an amazing, complex flavor! Slow Cooker Paleo Coconut Drumsticks is easily doubled or tripled to serve a crowd.
- First, place onion in crock. Remove skins from drumsticks, and place on top of the onion.
- Next, blend lemongrass, garlic, ginger, coconut milk, fish sauce, coconut aminos, and five spice powder in blender until a creamy sauce is formed.
- At this point, you can marinate chicken overnight in fridge to develop more flavor, or go to next step.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover and crock on LOW 4–5 hours.
- Sprinkle cilantro over drumsticks before eating.