Cooking Time:2-3 hours
Ingredients1 c. flour
1/3 + 3/4 c. sugar, divided
4 T. unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. chocolate milk
2 T. vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. butterscotch chips
1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. slivered almonds
1 1/2 c. boiling water
If you enjoy Chocolate Lava Cake, you will most certainly LOVE this recipe for Slow Cooker Chocolate Butterscotch Pudding Cake. So rich, yet so scrumptious!
- Grease a slow cooker insert with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, 1/3 c. sugar, 2 T. cocoa powder, and baking powder.
- Pour in milk, oil, and vanilla; stir until just moist.
- Fold in butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and almonds. Pour batter into prepared slow cooker.
- In another bowl, combine remaining 3/4 c. sugar and 2 T. cocoa powder.
- Slowly stir in boiling water to this mix, and then carefully pour cocoa mixture into slow cooker.
- DO NOT STIR Cocoa mixture into cake mixture, just pour over the top!
- Cover and crock on HIGH for 2 -2 1/2 hours or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Turn off slow cooker and remove insert to allow to cool, if possible.
- Allow 30-45 minutes to cool.
Serving suggestions: Spoon pudding cake in bowls and top with ice cream, whipped cream, or Heath candy pieces, if desired.