Cooking Time:3-6 hours
Ingredients6 Slices of Bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 Medium Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
1 Fennel Bulb, chopped
1 T. Minced Garlic
1 T. Italian Seasoning
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 Bay Leaf
1 c. White Wine (dry, not sweet)
2-14.5 oz. Cans of Diced Tomatoes
3-4 lbs. Chicken Thighs, skin removed
1/2 c. Fresh Parsley, chopped
Chicken? Check? Flavor? Check! Ready to impress the in-laws sort of dish? Check! Enjoy this recipe for Slow Cooker Wine Braised Chicken.
- Place the chicken in a 5-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet and crumble over chicken. Reserve and keep hot 2 T. of the bacon grease.
- Cook onion, fennel and garlic in the bacon grease.
- Once vegetables are softened, pour in the white wine and bring to a boil. Scrape up any browned bits.
- Stir in all seasonings and tomatoes then pour sauce over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and crock HIGH about 3 hours or LOW 6 hours.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve immediately.
Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.