Cooking Time:3 hours for both batches
IngredientsDry active yeast (1 pkg.)
1/2 c. warm water
3 T. sugar
1 T. cinnamon
1/2 c. apple butter
1 1/2 tsp. salt
4 c. bread flour
4 T. melted butter
2 T. brown sugar
You will definitely be getting a few pats on the back when you serve up Slow Cooker Apple and Cinnamon Yeast Rolls made with cinnamon and apple butter.
- Dissolve the sugar into the warm water (105-115 degrees) in the bowl of a stand mixer. Pour yeast over sugar water and completely dissolve. Let rest for 5-10 minutes or until bubbling.
- Add the apple butter, egg and salt while mixing on LOW speed.
- Slowly stir in cinnamon and flour. Next, add 1/4 c. of the melted butter. Continue kneading with dough hook just until well combined. (Do not over mix or rolls will be hard!)
- Move the large dough ball to a floured surface and use a pizza cutter to cut in half.
- Cut each half into 12 equal pieces of dough and roll by hand. (Can wrap and refrigerate or freeze the second half of dough, if desired.)
- Place a large piece of parchment paper in a round slow cooker. Arrange 12 dough balls in the crock. Sprinkle the rolls with brown sugar and drizzle with remaining melted butter.
- Cover. Crock on High for 1 hour.
- The rolls are done when they feel slightly firm and no longer tacky. Repeat with second batch, if desired.