Cooking Time:5–1/2 — 7–1/2 hours on Low or 1–3/4 — 2 3/4 hours on High
Ingredients2 butternut squash, medium, peeled and cut into chunks
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. milk
2 T. butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 c. Rice Krispies
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. pecans, chopped (or other nuts)
2 T melted butter
In the fall, I love all the wonderful squash recipes. Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Casserole is just one of the delicious side dishes. Enjoy!
- Peel and cut butternut squash (as pictured) in chunks.
- In a large saucepan cover the prepared butternut squash with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10–12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Place squash in a medium sized bowl. Using a hand wand, beat squash until smooth.
- Mix the following ingredients; sugar, eggs, milk, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg and beat well into the squash.
- Spray the crock of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Transfer the casserole mixture into a 4–5 quart slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 5–1/2 — 7–1/2 hours or on High for 1–3/4 — 2–3/4 hours.
Optional: Sprinkle the topping mix of Rice Krispies, brown sugar, pecans and butter on during the last 30–45 minutes.
NOTE: Test with a thermometer inserted near the center of the casserole to read 160°.
Nutrition facts include Topping!