Cooking Time:7 — 8 hours
Ingredients1 c. Wild Rice, uncooked
1 lb. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 Ribs of Celery, washed and chopped
1 Medium Onion, chopped
2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
48 oz. Chicken Stock
1 tsp. Thyme
1 tsp. Sage
1/2 c. Unsalted Butter
3/4 c. All-Purpose Flour
2 c. Milk
4 oz. Sliced Mushrooms
3 T. White Wine
Slow Cooker Chicken Wild Rice Soup is just delicious. If you like a creamy and filling soup this is the soup for you! Enjoy!
- Prepare the wild rice by rinsing well and draining.
- Transfer the rinsed uncooked wild rice, chicken, celery, onions, carrots, mushrooms, chicken stock, and seasonings into a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7–8 hours.
- Carefully remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred with forks or a meat rake.
- Transfer the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker.
- When the wild rice and chicken are done cooking, melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Gently add in the flour and let the mixture bubble for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the milk until a thick, creamy mixture forms.
- Stir in the wine.
- Mix this to the rice and chicken in the slow cooker and stir to combine.