Cooking Time:7 - 8 hours
Ingredients1 c. Wild Rice, uncooked
1 lb. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 Ribs of Celery, washed and chopped
1 Medium Onion, chopped
2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
48 oz. Chicken Stock
1 tsp. Thyme
1 tsp. Sage
1/2 c. Unsalted Butter
3/4 c. All-Purpose Flour
2 c. Milk
4 oz. Sliced Mushrooms
3 T. White Wine
Slow Cooker Chicken Wild Rice Soup is just delicious. If you like a creamy and filling soup this is the soup for you! Enjoy!
- Prepare the wild rice by rinsing well and draining.
- Transfer the rinsed uncooked wild rice, chicken, celery, onions, carrots, mushrooms, chicken stock, and seasonings into a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7-8 hours.
- Carefully remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred with forks or a meat rake.
- Transfer the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker.
- When the wild rice and chicken are done cooking, melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Gently add in the flour and let the mixture bubble for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the milk until a thick, creamy mixture forms.
- Stir in the wine.
- Mix this to the rice and chicken in the slow cooker and stir to combine.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
This soup is delicious, I made it for this week’s lunch but had to sample it tonight. Thank you for the recipe.
This soup is great.
If you are looking to reduce calories, or make it gluten or wheat free replace the white sauce with :
1.5 cups cannelli beans & 1.5 cups almond milk a small amount of pan roasted onion, and a pinch of nutmeg.
Blend that together then add it to the soup. Works very well !!
Thanks Jeanette! AWESOME!
Very good. Didn’t have the time to cook for 8 hours so I cooked it on high for 4 hours. Delish!! Hubby loved it! Used fresh mushrooms instead of canned. Thanks so much! Can’t wait to make it again and see if my son likes it too!
This turned out terrible. I cooked it for 7 hours on low and the rice disintegrated. The entire meal looked like a big pile of chunky gravy. It looked great in the picture. I wish mine turned out like that.
Tracy it may be that your slow cooker is crocking too hot. You may want to decrease the crocking time, or do what another Facebook friend said, and cook it on High for 3-4 hours. Hope this helps, and Happy Crocking!
ordered the 400 book on May 12. Pay Pal billed my visa card 7.50 on this date . AS of 6-24-14 I have NOT recieved the book. Please let me know When book will arrive . BRUCE MAYS 805 cedar lane e-18 Knoxville TN.
Thank you for the note Bruce, I just forwarded you the e-book! So sorry you did not receive the download! Happy Crocking!
would you try this with brown or jasmine rice?
Martha this is a good question, which took me to the internet. I did a little research and maybe you can too, but from what I read I felt that you could use the brown rice, but in different articles it says jasmine rice can be a little tricky. Actually I am puzzled with this statement and think I will make this at some point with jasmine rice. I know this is not a clear answer, but I always believe you should make a recipe your own, and experiment with ingredients your enjoy. Happy Crocking!