Cooking Time:2-3 hours
Ingredients4 green apples, cored
1/2 c. coconut butter, melted
1/4 c. almond or cashew butter
2 T. cinnamon
4 T. shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 c. dried apricots, figs, or dates
1 c. water
Paleo dieter or not, this dessert is so fun to make and eat! Change it up with different nut butters and dried fruit, and you have a healthy and delicious go-to dessert. Grab some fresh apples at the Farmers Market, and try Slow Cooker Paleo Dessert Apples soon!
- Core apples and set aside.
- Mix coconut butter and almond butters; add cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to butters.
- Place apples in crock and add water to bottom.
- Spoon coconut and almond butter mixture into each apple until full. Add dried fruit at this point, if desired.
- Sprinkle a bit more cinnamon to tops of apples and then add shredded coconut.
- Cover and crock on LOW for 2-3 hours, until apples are desired softness.
NOTE: Apples will slightly brown, but will still taste delicious.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
[…] Slow Cooker Paleo Dessert Apples from Get Crocked […]
[…] Slow Cooker Paleo Dessert Apples by Get Crocked […]
[…] …GET THE FULL RECIPE […]
[…] View the Full Recipe Preparation Instructions […]
[…] *adapted from Get Crocked. […]