Cooking Time:3-4 hours
Ingredients15.25 oz. pkg. German chocolate cake mix
3.9 oz. pkg. INSTANT chocolate fudge pudding mix
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 c. sour cream
1/3 c. butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 1/4 c. milk, divided
3.4 oz. pkg. chocolate pudding mix, cook and serve style
1/2 c. almonds (optional)
1 - 1 1/2 c. mini marshmallows
1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
Non-stick cooking spray
In my childhood, I always surprised family by requesting German chocolate cake as my birthday cake choice with Rocky Road ice cream on the side! Here, in this recipe for Slow Cooker Rocky Road Gooey Cake, I have combined two of my favorites in one decadent dessert. Get your sweet tooth ready for this one!
- Grease inside of crock and turn to LOW setting.
- Next, make cake batter by beating together cake mix, instant chocolate pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, butter, vanilla, and 1 1/4 c. milk until smooth.
- Pour cake batter into slow cooker.
- Add 2 c. milk to saucepan on stovetop; cook over medium heat until milk is ready to bubble.
- Remove from heat immediately; set aside.
- Next, lightly sprinkle the cook-and-serve pudding mix over cake batter in crock then pour the hot milk over the top everything in crock. DO NOT STIR!.
- Cover and crock on LOW 3-4 hours.
- To finish this dessert, un-cover crock and sprinkle the top of the cake with marshmallows, almonds, and chocolate chips. Re-cover and turn off crock. Serve after marshmallows have started to melt, about 10 minutes. Serve in dessert bowls with ice cream, if desired.
NOTE: If made in the Casserole Slow Cooker only need to crock for 3 hours, also I used extra marshmallows with the casserole slow cooker.